honey and garlic salmon - healthy main dish for your family
Properly balanced diet has become a big challenge for the society, modern person just does not have time to prepare a well-balanced nutritious food three times a day, buy a large number of ingredients and at the same time keep up with their daily activities. This is why we offer you a main dish recipe for dinner, which is not only quick and easy to prepare, but also requires only 5 basic ingredients that are in the refrigerator of every family.
The main ingredient of the recipe is salmon, it is recognized as the king of fish in the world, it should be noted that salmon contains a lot of unsaturated fatty acids, which have a beneficial effect on the body. This fish is rich in phosphorus and potassium. It is also rich in magnesium, chlorine, calcium, iron, zinc, nickel, molybdenum, and vitamins A, B1, B2, C, E D and PP.
In addition to salmon, our recipe contains 3 other super ingredients, namely honey, garlic, and lemon with all three of their characteristics renown to the world.
And now let’s get to the recipe which is made with 4 servings in mind.
Honey and garlic salmon
- 4 salmon fillets about 250 grams each, skin off or on
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (mild, sweet or smokey)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice, (plus extra to serve)
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Season salmon with salt, pepper and paprika. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a skillet or pan over medium-high heat until melted. Add the garlic and sauté for about a minute, until fragrant. Pour in the honey, water and soy sauce; allow the flavors to heat through and combine. Add in the lemon juice; stir well to combine all of the flavors together.
- Add the salmon steaks to the sauce in the pan; cook each fillet (skin-side down if there's any skin) for 3-4 minutes or until golden, while basting the tops with the pan juices. Season with salt and pepper, to taste (if desired).
- Optional -- Add the lemon wedges around the salmon (adds a stronger lemon taste).
- Turn over the salmon and continue basting for a further 5-6 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked to your liking.
- To serve, drizzle with the sauce and a squeeze of lemon juice. Serve with steamed vegetables; over rice or with a salad.